Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Destroyer!!

I went into the comic shop and bought my first marvel title in months. It was Destroyer, by Robert Kirkman and Cory Walker. The premise of the book is that Destroyer's career has been on going since the forties and we're seeing him at the end of his days and how he wraps it all up. Its exciting for me to get Kirkman and Walker together again, the original team on my fav superhero book Invincible. More than that though the book is a super violent hoot, and beautifully executed. Even with the brain matter splattering the page every where it still retains the fun feel that Kirkman and Walker first showed us with Invincible, I recomend it!
here is a 7 page preview http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=2307&disp=table
I went a lil over board with the ink splotches but it felt a lil bare before so what can you do!

Draw pictures everyday kids!

2 comments:

tom jolliffe said...

sweet inking guy..and i checked out that link, and the art for this comic is awesome...

Ben Reynolds said...

Dude, nice drawing. Very solid. This guy looks like a bad mother..too bad I don't read comics anymore because it sounds like it would be a fun one. Keep up the posts man- I check your blog every hour.